Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tackle The Trend

It isn't a full day at work if I don't get asked: How do I wear this? I get asked the most about trapeze tanks or tanks with a longer length and wide arm cutouts usually out of a soft material. Obviously if you wear a bra you can see it. If you wear a tee shirt-it defeats the purpose of being cool and comfortable. My answer: bandeau tops. Yes those tops your mother used to wear back in the day or like the bathing suit style top. It is a little more comfortable and stylish than wearing a bra.

There is a wide variety available. Free People offers a lacy style in a wide variety of colors for $28 bucks. You can pick up cotton ones anywhere from Forever21 to Zara usually in packs of 3 or 4. Again use your imagination and dress up the tanks with your bandeau such as a sparkly style to wear on a night out. You don't have to stick to neutral black, nude, and white. Don't be afraid to mix colors either.

If you feel like you won't get enough support from a bandeau au contraire my ladies-your lingerie department in any department store offers bandeaus with support so you feel covered all the time.

Feel like that wont give you enough? Pairing these tanks with a colored cami is just as stylish!

Finish this look off pairing it with a pair of shorts, (make sure the tank doesn't cover them--that's not a look you want) ripped denim, or leggings. Hope this helps you tackle the trend.

1 comment:

Southern Belle Fashionista said...

How perfect of a post. I just ordered a few of these tanks from Forever21. (Finally used the gift card the Eater Bunny brought along)! I was thinking to wear a cami under them, but love the idea of the bandeau top! I'm heading to shop today, I'll have to pick one or two up. Love it!