Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tackle The Trend

I'm always hearing at work or with my friends that they love a certain trend but "just can't pull it off". I disagree, but I can understand that maybe they're just afraid of the trend or don't know how to wear it. Fashion isn't supposed to be scary or intimidating!

I am here to help you "tackle the trend" starting with the boyfriend jean.

I think anyone can wear this trend: jeans are jeans! Anyone can wear jeans. Boyfriend jeans are an effortlessly chic look. You don't want to look like you tried too hard. These jeans can be girly, edgy, preppy whatever your heart desires! Start with the jeans and build from there. Wedges, ballet flats, gladiators, pumps anything goes for the bottom. Pay attention to your height and shape while balancing with the look you are going for.

Also, don't feel like you have to break your bank for these. I am weary of spending a lot of money on anything that is popular to wear at the moment. You should always save your money for something you are crazy about or a timeless piece that will remain in style forever like a trench coat or classic black pump. I found the perfect pair of boyfriend jeans for 17.99 at Old Navy. Here are some options in different price ranges:
Hope this helps you tackle the trend!

Rachel Picture Credit:

No comments: