Thursday, October 16, 2008

project runway shoe-in


So I have been dying to write about last night's Project Runway finale. Well as happy as I am that it was three women in the final deep down I couldn't help but cringe at the fact that snot nosed Kenley was allowed to make it to the tent.  Even though I knew that Leanne was going to win I was still in suspense because you never know what crazy thoughts those judges are going to have. To give Kenley some credit I thought some of her pieces were amazing works of art playing on a fantasy theme, I loved the contrast between her choice in the harsh black rope against the whimsical flower fabric.  However the fact that she was "insulted" that the judges compare her works to that of Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, ect. is she insane? She DOES need to do her research the fact that her reply was, "I don't look at other designers" what on earth is she doing in attempting to be one? It just made me sick at how ignorant she was and her snotty ungrateful attitude did her in and how classless running backstage in front of the other contestants' parents, "This is bullsh--" umm Kenley please get over yourself, take a lesson in some professional etiquette, and read up on your fashion 411 thank you.  As for Korto love the girl for creating such amazing silhouettes with her play on the a-symmetrical dresses and halters.  Any woman would die to wear those and would look amazing agreeing with the judges, she knows what a woman wants.  The first look was my favorite with the play on peacock colors and it was just breathtakingly elegant.  But I'm sorry Leanne's collection literally left me gasping for air.  Every single look I would wear hands down!  I loved how her models looked like little Tiffany's boxes!  If I had to pick a favorite...it would be the first look with tea dyed volume top and high waisted petal mini. I loved how all of her models wore chunky nude pumps just the whole collection was amazing. I immediately wanted to jump on bluefly.com and buy all of it!  Her looks were all cohesive, modern, and elegant at the same time.  She was consistent through out the competition and has a true appreciate passion for designing (not that Korto doesn't but I can't say the same for Miss Snot and half Kenley...) either way the show was hot and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.  Plus I love that cute little Tia won the spread in Elle! I am so happy for Leanne and can't wait to see what she has in store for us!

all photos courtesy of http://www.seenon.com/project-runway/season-5/photo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job again...good article. Keep up the good work!! X O

Unknown said...

Great article Moll Doll, Nice Job, XO PsychoDad