Monday, September 13, 2010

Fashion Week Favorites

Victoria Beckham
Love these hour glass shapes in Posh's line of dresses. She seems to have expanded her scope a little bit and isn't so focused on what she would like to wear. Love the variety of colors and silk fabrics.

Thakoon
White is definitely the new black in the S/S 2011 collections. I love the flouncy suit looks with silk fabrics and I love this funky gray pattern on this dress. He never disappoints.

Rebecca Taylor
It is like Rebecca Taylor took the pieces I like to wear and my ideal style and bottled up and poured it down the runway. My go-to look is a great short with a beautiful blouse. The models are even sporting my hair style of the season because when you have Kardashian length hair in S. Fl all you can do is wear the top knot. This collection along with Jason Wu is by far my favorite. Love every single playful
piece.

DKNY
This is for the power girl! I love this palette of deep reds, black, and khaki. Very refreshing from WHITE. I love that this is classic meets modern with the scarves and trenches but new peg leg hem pants. This collection is practical and seems like something every gal would want to invest in as the pieces are timeless.

Derek Lam
The sportswear he is known for is back with a more relaxed silhouette, softer palettes for Spring, and minimalist dressing. Like a lot of the collections were seeing it was a nod to the retro years. I love this classic look of wide leg denim trousers with a white crisp blouse.

Diane von Furstenberg
You'd have to be living under a rock to not know that DVF is not only my woman idol but I die for her line. Clothing, luggage, accessories, you name it I want it. If I could go to any show it'd be hers. Her new designer man Yvan Mispelaere debuted with this S/S 2011 collection. Known for her prints (you know I live for a print) they seemed even more pronounced with bolder color choices but with her classic lines and style. I wasn't LOVING everything but I love the new prints she's introducing and am sure I'll end up with some pieces in my closet it is inevitable, it's Diane.

No comments: