Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fashion Week Favorites

Jason Wu
He will never disappoint with his clean lines and cute over sized bow blouses. I love the navy and khaki palette, tailoring, girly blouses, turbans, and round sunglasses. Effortlessly chic with this over sized floral skirt with the simple striped blouse. An easy A in my book.

Doo.Ri
I love the use of draping here to create a bondage look yet it is not so uptight with the loose flowing tops. The butterscotch sky high platforms and soft palette with a kaleidoscope print have me lusting for Doo.Ri. Cool without trying too hard.

BCBG Max Azria
Taking a step back from prints BCBG was simply chic with a color choice of white, gold, khaki, brown, and black. I love the silky soft fabric and loose silhouettes. Another effortlessly chic look. Love the wrap around cut out shoe.

ZSpoke
Zac Posen's lower priced line had me a bit baffled. I loved the silhouettes the chic suits created but these print choices are harsh on the eyes. Print on print isn't always easy to do and this feels a little bit "under the big top" for me. I do love the jumper in the middle.

Prabal Gurung
Everyone is doing so much white for S/S 2011 however, shades of poppy, bright blue, orange followed by blush and neutral tones came down the runway. It wasn't anything that I was dying to wear off the runway but the collection did not disappoint with beautiful constructed clothes. The new tea length hem lines are here to stay.

Cynthia Rowley
I loved this! It reminded me of That Girl with the poppy, gray, pistachio colors in the beginning of the collection with high waists and collars and silky pant suits. The structured necklaces add that extra bit of cool.

Christian Cota
This is another favorite of mine. I would wear all of this. I love the prints, the styling, and how it is beautifully structured clothing that looks like a breeze to wear. Again loving the suit look and this cut out skirt ensemble. The gray cut out shoes are a must.

Charlotte Ronson
I loved the use of thick thick ski socks in her looks. All of these looks
remind of me of a festival fairy who is about to go hiking. Love that military vest over the florals.

Alexander Wang
For one who has black as the main color in their collection Alex Wang took a chance on bright white. I thought I would be drooling over this but I see myself still being drawn to his staples the over sized sweaters and peg leg harem pants. I love the industrial inspired vest and the funky blue-print dress.

No comments: