Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My fashion obsessions of the moment...

My fashion obsessions of the moments right now are: statement necklaces, draped sleeved tops, and leather skirts. Statement necklaces are this season's fashion jewelry trend. I've been noticing the necklaces getting bigger and more dramatic and I am loving it. These pieces are the easiest way to dress up a simple top. I especially love the bib style. I wore a bib black onyx necklace from Forever21 the other night to dinner over a white boyfriend tank and skinnys and it completely dressed up my outfit.
Next on the list are these draped sleeves. I know that angular shoulders are at top of the trends these days but I like this play on the style. It is a little more feminine. I want to order the one from ASOS pictured on the model. These would look great tucked into a pencil skirt, and definitely could go from work to happy hour.
Lastly, the leather. Leather is everywhere this season, but I am loving the leather mini. There are so many different takes on this look from minis to pencils to tulip skirts. I feel like this skirt can add a little edge and sexiness to any ordinary outfit. I ordered this tulip leather skirt from Forever21 and want to pair it with a white button down and bright colored pumps. Jazz up my work wear. Here is an attempt at pairing all of these trends in one final look.

No comments: